|RFx ID :||18755054|
|Tender Name :||Te Whaea (New Zealand National Dance and Drama Centre) Alterations|
|Reference # :|
|Open Date :||Monday, 19 June 2017 12:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Close Date :||Friday, 7 July 2017 5:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Tender Type :||Request for Tenders (RFT)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :||WCCProcurementTender@wcc.govt.nz|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
In order deliver the Seismic Strengthening works required for the St James Theatre, the Royal New Zealand Ballet (RNZB) will need to be relocated from these premises. Wellington City Council’s strategy is to accommodate RNZB’s dance studios and technical facilities at Te Whaea (New Zealand Dance School). However, this will require an extension of existing facilities and fit out of various spaces within Te Whaea.
The project is part‐way through developed design with detailed design scheduled for completion in July – August 2017 and a proposed start date for the Contract Works of September 2017.
The purpose of this Request for Tender (RFT) is to invite experienced Main Contractor’s to submit a tender to for ‘pre‐construction’ services and subject to satisfactory conclusion of those services, to become the preferred Main Contractor for the delivery of the contract works for alterations to the Te Whaea (National Dance and Drama School).
This is stage 1 of a 3 stage process to procuring the contract works for this project:
• Stage 1: RFT released on GETS. Main Contractor responses will be evaluated by a Review Panel and are based on specific attributes, as outlined within this RFT.
• Stage 2: A preferred Main Contractor is appointed to provide pre‐construction services to the project. During this time the preferred Main Contractor will be requested to develop a lump sum price for two separable portions of work. Lump sum pricing will be based on an ‘open book’ process the Main Contractor’s direct trades and through tendering the sub‐trades.
• Stage 3: Final negotiation and acceptance of a lump sum contract for the Contract Works.
The actual contract works would consist of:
• A series of alterations to the Te Whaea (National Dance and Drama School) to support the temporary occupation of the Royal New Zealand Ballet (RNZB) whilst seismic strengthening is undertaken to their current premises (scheduled to commence in 2018).
• Further minor fit‐out works as may be required to support the related relocation activities.
Tenders must be submitted by email and only to the e-mail address provided in this notice:
The mailbox size limit for the tender responses is 7MB.