Create New Account Purchaser Login
Search Tenders
Advanced Search
You are not logged in.

Community Based Assessment & Rehabilitation of Back Pain


Tender Closed
RFx ID : 24538662
Tender Name : Community Based Assessment & Rehabilitation of Back Pain
Reference # : 6016-21
Open Date : Tuesday, 13 July 2021 9:00 AM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)
Close Date  : Friday, 6 August 2021 12:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)
Tender Type : Request for Quotations (RFQ)
Tender Coverage : Sole Agency  [?]
Categories :
  • 85000000 - Healthcare Services
  • Waikato
Exemption Reason : None
Required Pre-qualifications : None
Contact : Rachael Palmer
Alternate Physical Delivery Address  :
Alternate Physical Fax Number  :

Waikato DHB Orthopaedic Service receives approx. 80 referrals per month for First Specialist Appointments (FSA) for back pain. We are seeking a capable and suitably qualified supplier to provide the assessment and rehabilitation for approximately 60 of these referrals. The supplier will perform the initial assessment and determine the most appropriate clinical pathway for the patient. It is estimated that approximately 70% of the referrals will remain with the supplier for rehabilitation (half of which will likely require intensive rehabilitation). The remaining 30% will either be returned to the DHB for further assessment or back to primary care. Providers should use a pattern approach to classification and rehabilitation as prescribed by multiple large governmental health networks in Canada. Classification and rehabilitation guidelines should match those of the multiple published series in high impact spine surgical academic publications.