|RFx ID :||20221087|
|Tender Name :||Request for Proposal for an Electronic Observations Platform Solution|
|Reference # :||5213-18|
|Open Date :||Friday, 28 September 2018 2:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Close Date :||Friday, 2 November 2018 5:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Tender Type :||Request for Proposals (RFP)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
Waikato District Health Board (Waikato DHB) is seeking an Electronic Observations Platform Solution (Electronic Observations solution) to monitor, manage and escalate patient vital signs tracking. The Electronic Observations solution will ensure the following deliverables:
a) The Electronic Observations solution must be architecturally aligned,
b) The Electronic Observations solution is supported by the vendor and maintainable,
c) The Electronic Observations solution will support the workflow of the service and ultimately provide clinical and\or administrative efficiencies, and
d) The Electronic Observations solution must provide value for money.
To achieve these deliverables the Electronic Observations solution must meet the following criteria:
• Functionality to capture vital signs information electronically as per the National Early Warning Score (NEWS), Paediatrics Early Warning Score (PEWS) and Maternity Early Warning Score (MEWS) formats, Note that Early Warning Score (EWS) hereon in this document and in the associated RFP documentation is an encompassing term for NEWS, PEWS and MEWS.
• Automatic calculation of Early Warning Score (EWS).
• Automatic or manual escalation of EWS as per business rules, including alerts and escalations tasks.
• Automatic reminders when vital signs are due.
• Integration with internal systems like the Patient Management System (iPM), Clinical Workstation (CWS), Patient Flow Manager (PFM), roster system, laboratory system, radiology system.
• Patients’ charts and trends available via CWS.
• Visibility of latest EWS via PFM.
• Functionality to identify patients at high risk of sepsis based on internal business rules and guidelines.
• Provision of views such as patients at the glance, deteriorating patients etc., at ward and hospital level.
• Provision of pre-build and ad-hoc reporting capabilities.
• Provision of functionality to capture nursing assessment information electronically such as: admission assessments, fluid balance charts, sepsis screening and action tool, bowel motions chart, etc. Nursing assessments are not mandatory for the first implementation. However, the selected vendor/solution must provide the capability to implement this functionality later when required.
• Audit trail functionality to record, retain and report on system use that covers all service events.