|RFx ID :||19500261|
|Tender Name :||Student Mobile App|
|Reference # :||TR2017-37|
|Open Date :||Friday, 2 March 2018 1:30 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Close Date :||Thursday, 29 March 2018 3:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Tender Type :||Request for Proposals (RFP)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
We require a solution which will provide a mobile application (iOS and Android) to students enrolled at the University of Otago. Initial scope includes our 21,000 students, but future scope also includes staff, prospective students, alumni, and members of the public. We expect that the solution will include the following components:
• A mobile application which is installed at no cost on an iOS or Android device.
• An application management platform. This will be provided by the successful vendor, and will include components for managing the content in the application (for example, information about the campus, contact details and so on) as well as a component for managing the integrations between the application and existing campus services.
• Authentication. When students log into the mobile app, they will be using their University of Otago credentials.
• Integrations with University systems. We may integrate in one of two ways: first, by taking information from University systems (such as Blackboard or eVision) and surfacing that information in the app itself. An example of this might be Blackboard announcements, or eVision timetable. A second method is simply to provide links to University services which can’t (or should not) be more fully integrated.
• Notifications and content. Some content will be managed and hosted by the application management platform, while other content may be ingested from existing sources.