|RFx ID :||20496929|
|Tender Name :||RFI - Public Trust - Rural Property HR Services|
|Reference # :||291118|
|Open Date :||Friday, 30 November 2018 9:00 AM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Close Date :||Sunday, 20 January 2019 5:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Tender Type :||Request for Information (Market research) (RFI)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
09 985 6831
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
1. Public Trust is best known as New Zealand's largest provider of Wills and estate administration services. We are also one of New Zealand’s largest trustee organisations and a Crown Entity. We were established in 1873 to provide independent and reliable trustee services.
2. Public Trust also acts as Trustee for a number of farms which requires full management of the farm, including the management of Public Trust employees working on those farms. Public Trust is in the process of analysing the payroll for 5 such farms, consisting of approximately 30 farm employees.
3. Although the farm workers are Public Trust employees, they are not paid through Public Trust’s regular payroll system. Instead, these employees are paid through their relevant estates (meaning they are paid through money Public Trust is holding on trust for each particular farm estate).
4. Xero is used to manage all farm accounting, including farms payroll. This is operated by a single person within the farms team (outside of our HR Team). This person charges the relevant estates an hourly rate for the time taken to process payroll.
5. Over time, Public Trust come to appreciate the complexity and specialist nature of farms payroll, and realise there is a risk in the knowledge of the existing process being isolated to a single person within Public Trust.
6. In addition to payroll, as Public Trust employees, there are a variety of other Human Resource (HR) obligations on Public Trust (record keeping, salary reviews, leave balances, etc) that we want to ensure are being satisfied.
What information are we seeking?
7. Public Trust is currently investigating if there are opportunities to improve the current manner in which Public Trust administers the payroll for our farms, as well as some other associated HR functions.
10. At this point in time Public Trust is only interested in high-level submissions of information by providers. We realise that the services required will only apply to a small number of employees (30ish) so we are keen at the outset to determine if the outsourcing of such a function is:
a) possible (and what it might look like), and
b) financially viable.