|RFx ID :||24782287|
|Tender Name :||Future Procurement Opportunity (FPO) – Supply of various pharmaceuticals|
|Reference # :||A1522495|
|Open Date :||Q3 2021|
|Indicative RFx Release Date :||Q4 2021 [?]|
|Tender Type :||Future Procurement Opportunity (FPO)|
|Project Status :||Initial development [?]|
|Indicative Total Value :||$25M - $50M [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
Pharmac Procurement Team
API Consumer Brands has decided to close its Auckland manufacturing plant and withdraw from the New Zealand pharmaceutical market.
Pharmac is considering multiple options for products currently supplied by API. This may include issuing a competitive process for supply of:
• Bisacodyl - Tab 5 mg
• Citalopram hydrobromide - Tab 20 mg
• Codeine phosphate - Tab 15 mg
• Codeine phosphate - Tab 30 mg
• Codeine phosphate - Tab 60 mg
• Dexamfetamine sulfate - Tab 5 mg
• Domperidone - Tab 10 mg
• Glycerol (suppositories) - Suppos 3.6 g
• Hydrocortisone (crm 1%) - 100 g OP
• Hydrocortisone (crm 1%) - 500 g
• Isoniazid - Tab 100 mg
• Methadone hydrochloride - Tab 5 mg
• Oxytocin with ergometrine maleate - Inj 5 iu with ergometrine maleate 500 mcg per ml
• Paracetamol - Oral liq 120 mg per 5 ml
• Paracetamol - Oral liq 250 mg per 5 ml
• Permethrin - Crm 5%
• Pethidine hydrochloride - Tab 50 mg
• Phenobarbitone - Tab 15 mg
• Phenobarbitone - Tab 30 mg
• Prochlorperazine - Tab 3 mg buccal
• Sodium fluoride - Tab 1.1 mg
A competitive process could include the inclusion of these products in the final Annual 2021/22 Invitation to Tender due for finalisation and release in early November 2021.
• Pharmac has a strong preference for products that have all necessary Consents for supply.
• Pharmac considers more than just price in its decision making. Should a competitive process occur, we encourage any suppliers with an interest to participate with prices sustainable to their business, rather than using current prices as a benchmark.
• Pharmac encourages suppliers interested in supplying any of the above products to get in touch early so Pharmac can consider early feedback in its planning processes.
Product market information is included in an attachment to this FPO/available on request.
For current funding restrictions please view the Pharmaceutical Schedule: https://www.pharmac.govt.nz/tools-resources/pharmaceutical-schedule/community/