|RFx ID :||19689701|
|Tender Name :||Budgeting and Forecasting Solution|
|Reference # :|
|Open Date :||Tuesday, 15 May 2018 4:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Close Date :||Monday, 28 May 2018 4:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Tender Type :||Request for Information (Market research) (RFI)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
+64 021 817 352
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
The purpose of this Request for Information (RFI) is to identify parties who have the capability to supply and implement a solution for the budgeting, and forecasting, required by New Zealand Trade and Enterprise (NZTE). NZTE seeks information from potential suppliers regarding their company, and the functionality and scope of their software solution.
We are looking to replace our current excel based budgeting and forecasting process with a cost effective solution to:
• Streamline what is now a manual process, with less reliance and risks due to using only excel
• Improve the user experience and functionality, specifically around version control, reporting at multiple levels across the organisation, and forecasting abilities
• Reduce the time spent maintaining and setting up the budgeting and forecasting process.
• Improve user performance with a simplified faster access.
• Provide functionality for ‘what if’ and ‘scenario modelling’ to support informed option analysis and decision making.
• Limit the reliance on one or two key individuals for the performance of the processes.
• Upgrade to a cloud platform to align with NZTE’s overall Business Systems strategy.
• Achieve value for money.
• Have the potential to be our management accounting reporting tool.
Our current process consolidates 170 business units in 29 currencies at two sub-consolidation levels (Region, service line, then General Manager) before reaching an overall total level in New Zealand dollars. We define the budgeting and forecasting process as:
• Allocation of funding
• The creation of the templates eg personnel costs, travel, CAPEX, projects etc and their assumptions
• The input into the templates for each BU for their annual budget and forecast
• The consolidation of all budget information
• The reporting of all budget information, and associated analysis tools
• The approval of all budget information
• Forecast updates during the financial year
• Ongoing monthly variance reporting
At a minimum we are seeking a solution that:
• Is able to work in multicurrency
• Is cloud based
• Is able to integrate with Microsoft D365 – Finance and Operations plus our data cube (a tabular model analysis services cube hosted on Azure Analysis Services)
• Delivers a user experience that is simple and excel like
• Is able to provide customisable finance reports from a sub-consolidation to NZTE level
• Performs at a speed of 5 seconds per page or faster across our global footprint