|RFx ID :||24363804|
|Tender Name :||SH1 Wairau River Bridge: New Cycle Bridge|
|Reference # :||4777|
|Open Date :||Friday, 28 May 2021 12:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Close Date :||Monday, 14 June 2021 10:00 AM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Department/Business Unit :||New Zealand Transport Agency|
|Tender Type :||Registration of Interest (ROI)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
Tenders Secretary - Miriama Leota
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency in partnership with Marlborough Kaikoura Trail Trust (MKTT) invites Registration of Interest (ROI) from contractors Prequalified to level 3 bridge (3B) experienced in the delivery of structural works on the State Highway network.
This Contract is for the construction of a new cycleway clip-on bridge on the downstream side of the existing SH1 Wairau River Bridge north of Blenheim. This forms an important part of MKTT’s Whale Trail from Picton to Kaikoura.
• The existing road bridge is 293m long, consisting of 24 x 12.2m long spans
• The proposed cycle trail steel clip-on structure is to be 1.5m wide with two passing bays
• Each 12m clip-on span weighs approximately 2.5 tonne inclusive of decking and handrails
• It is anticipated that installation of the works will occur February to April 2022
The scope of the work includes but is not limited to:
• Site establishment and Temporary Traffic Management
• Temporary works in the riverbed to manage channel flows and minor levelling around the bases of the existing bridge piers to create platforms for cranes to access the installation of the pier brackets which support the cycleway 12m long trusses
• Fabrication of structural steel components (approximately 70t)
• Formation of bridge abutment and approaches at either end
• Installation of steel support brackets onto existing concrete bridge piers
• Installation of 12m long steel bridge beam sections including deck and handrails
• Construct short sections of cycle lane to bridge approaches
ROI involves submitting a single A4 page letter, in response to this advertisement, advising company/consortium and contact details.
Waka Kotahi reserves the right to shortlist applicants should the number of registered parties make this necessary.
Final tendering of the contract will be by invitation to contractors registered through this ROI process and the tender will not be re-advertised publicly.
The contract will be a Lump Sum contract as defined in NZS3910:2013
• Tender evaluation will be by Price Quality Method (PQM)
• The price quality weighting likely to be 70/30
RFT issued: 1 July 2021
Contract award by: 1 September 2021
Site access by: 1 February 2022
Completion of works by: 30 April 2022
The GETS file upload limit is 10 MB. The file should be labelled as:
• 4777 – ROI Submission