|RFx ID :||21348739|
|Tender Name :||Takaka Hill 5 Sites Remediation PW|
|Reference # :||2019414|
|Open Date :||Tuesday, 6 August 2019 10:30 AM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Close Date :||Tuesday, 20 August 2019 4:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Department/Business Unit :||NZ Transport Agency - Highways and Network Operations|
|Tender Type :||Registration of Interest (ROI)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
04 903 2373
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
Contractors are advised that remediation of five major sites on SH60 Takaka Hill are anticipated to be tendered in late August 2019.
Ex-cyclone Gita caused severe damage to Takaka Hill State Highway 60 (SH60) in February 2018. Debris and stormwater flowed over the road, washing away the downhill slope and one traffic lane. Five significantly damaged sites shown in Figure 1 attached (referred to as ‘major’ sites) require repair to restore the road to two lanes. The proposed remedial solution for each of the five sites is a reinforced earth retaining wall to be constructed while maintaining a single lane of traffic. A summary of the approximate retaining wall geometry for each site is provided in the table below.
Site # Length of Wall (m) Maximum Height of Reinforced Earth Wall (m)
6 35m 13m
7 31m 9m
9 29m 15m
11 31m 15m
13 39m 12m
Note that all dimensions are approximate.
This is a Registration of Interest for a Physical Works contract for emergency works remediation along SH60 Takaka Hill (5 sites).
The Contract Works involve (but are not limited to) the following:
• Temporary earthworks support and formation of access tracks to each site
• Construction of reinforced earth retaining wall to reinstate road width at each site
• New pavement and surfacing
• W-section side barrier
• Culvert replacements and extensions
• Traffic management
• Other sundry items
Only Tenderers pre-qualified to Prequalification Level Construction 4A under the terms of the System Design and Delivery (SDD) Prequalification System will be eligible to submit a tender for these works.
The tender process is as follows:
1. Contractors interested in tendering for the above works are to submit a Registration of Interest (ROI) to GETS with the subject title “ROI – Takaka Hill Five Sites Remediation Works”. Contractors shall register using GETS and state:
o The name of the company
o The company contact details
o The company NZ Transport Agency prequalification status
The deadline for the ROI is 4pm Tuesday 20 August 2019.
2. The tendering stage of the procurement process will be by invitation only to contractors registered through the ROI process. The tender will not be publicly advertised.
3. Tender documents are anticipated to be distributed to invited tenderers by 23 August 2019.
4. The tender close date is anticipated to be four weeks from the date of issue for tender.
All queries should be directed to email@example.com