|RFx ID :||21167705|
|Tender Name :||Northland Water Storage & Use Project: Pre-feasibility Demand Assessment and Design Study|
|Reference # :||19/07|
|Open Date :||Tuesday, 18 June 2019 4:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Close Date :||Monday, 15 July 2019 4:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Tender Type :||Request for Proposals (RFP)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Exemption Reason :||None|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
09 470 1247
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
The principle objective of the project is to develop storage reservoirs and water conveyance solutions within Northland that enhance community wellbeing and the productive potential of the region’s land and water resources. This project is open to integrate existing infrastructure with new water takes and storage facilities where appropriate to provide water supplies.
The objectives of this proposed service are to:
• Undertake a review of the previous studies commissioned by NRC to identify and develop viable water supply and storage options;
• Assess initial levels of water user/grower demand and the potential demand within each scheme area and lead the development of grower engagement with the project to a sufficient level of confidence to support scheme viability;
• Develop water take and storage regimes that maximise the run of river water allocation, that meet sustainable resource management principles, and are consentable within the NRC planning framework outlined in the NRC Proposed Regional Plan;
• Optimise the storage dam requirements by applying water supply rationing rules in low storage refill years coupled with modelling of the water demand that provides on average a 99% level of productive potential;
• Undertake concept level design engineering, cost estimation and fatal flaw analysis for the water take, storage and conveyance infrastructure to the identified command areas.
• Support NRC and its consultants engage and build tangata whenua, landowner and key stakeholder relationships, understanding, engagement and support for the project.