|RFx ID :||20167851|
|Tender Name :||NRC18/08 Poplar Nursery Irrigation Expansion|
|Reference # :||NRC 18/08|
|Open Date :||Tuesday, 18 September 2018 1:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Close Date :||Friday, 5 October 2018 4:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Tender Type :||Request for Tenders (RFT)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :||NRC Head Office 36 Water Street Whangarei, 0110 Please ask at reception|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
The Northland Regional Council (NRC) invites tenders for the supply and delivery of goods and services relating to expansion of an irrigation system at its poplar and willow nursery based at Mata south of Whangarei. The Council is looking to how best expand with current infrastructure to meet future demand from continued phased or staged expansion.
The purpose of this Request for Tender (RFT) is to select a supplier to provide goods and services based on an evaluation of proposals from relevant professionals.
Presently the Council is undertaking a multi-year nursery expansion with plans to triple pole production by 2020. Recent expansions have increased the planted nursery area with further expansion planned in the coming years. These resulting expansions now require council to expand its irrigation system so that immediate irrigation requirements are met whilst having the capacity to control and alternate what blocks are watered depending on growth cycle and as the need arises.
The Northland Regional Council is open to recommendations on how we best achieve our irrigation needs whilst we increase the size and production capacity. However, this RFT requires the following criteria from the expansion and upgrade
1) An assessment of the current systems to ascertain if they are suitable and can cope with new areas and future expansion plans (24hr watering over a greater area)
2) Connection of newly planted blocks into existing infrastructure - delivering water to new blocks 7 and 8 (2.34 Ha), to each row and stem
3) Continued irrigation of existing blocks 4 / 5 / and 6
4) Additional water storage to meet the needs of 24hr watering for each to cover the above-mentioned areas.
5) Practical and cost efficient installation of a water delivery solution to the trees by way of a network or drippers, emitters or similar
6) Provide initial training product familiarisation and running manual/guide in the operation and use of newly designed system.
The successful supplier will supply the expertise, goods and services and installation of any required materials tested and ready for use by the nominated date
No Winner Tender 18/08 Poplar Nursery Irrigation System Expansion awarded to Think Water Northland for the sum of $43,048.56