|RFx ID :||21314811|
|Tender Name :||Northland Inc- Review of Māori Economic Development Services|
|Reference # :||MEDR19|
|Open Date :||Friday, 26 July 2019 1:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Close Date :||Thursday, 15 August 2019 4:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Tender Type :||Request for Proposals (RFP)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Exemption Reason :||None|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
027 202 7987
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
Northland Inc is the regional economic development agency and regional tourism organisation for Northland and is a council controlled organisation of the Northland Regional Council. Northland Inc’s mission is to strengthen, diversify and grow the Northland economy. It does this through the implementation of its various work programmes which includes a focus on Māori Economic Development.
Northland Inc has identified Māori Economic Development as a key priority in its refreshed strategic direction and there is agreement that there is significant potential in Te Tai Tokerau. However due to aa range of factors an opportunity has arisen to undertake a piece of work to identify what the current Māori Economic Development environment in Northland looks like from a service offering perspective and make recommendations on where Northland Inc and its resources should focus in order to achieve economic development outcomes and deliver services of value to Māori.
The review should explore a number of key areas:
1. Assess current Māori Economic Development environment in Northland
2. Assess/review Northland Inc’s current offering and how it compares to other models around the country
3. Determine the most feasible options related to service delivery for Northland Inc in the Māori Economic Development environment, based on the above findings
The output required is a report that can be used to inform a Māori Economic Development operational structure for Northland Inc which may consider a range of options, including but not limited to:
• Reappointment of the same roles;
• Contracting the position in a flexible arrangement;
• Secondment from agencies or iwi;
• Exploring a virtual team arrangement with a single focus, across Northland Inc; government; and Iwi, thus providing extra capacity;
• Other configurations – internal KRA’s and KPIs
The budget for the project is yet to be determined and will be negotiable with the chosen candidate. Likewise there is no predetermined timeframe for completion of the piece of work as it will be dependent on a number of factors including the methodology proposed by the chosen candidate. Although it is preferred that the work be completed before the end of the calendar year.
See attached document for full scope of work.