|RFx ID :||23633401|
|Tender Name :||Main Contractor for NIWA Wellington Redevelopment - ROI|
|Reference # :|
|Open Date :||Tuesday, 17 November 2020 9:00 AM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Close Date :||Wednesday, 9 December 2020 4:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Tender Type :||Registration of Interest (ROI)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
027 463 3634
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
The redevelopment of NIWA’s Wellington site at Greta Point involves construction of new buildings and experimentation facilities on the existing site whilst NIWA maintains a reduced presence on the campus throughout construction.
The staged site redevelopment comprises:
- Demolition of existing Allen Building and ancillary buildings at the North end of the site.
- Site infrastructure including bulk fill to adjust site levels.
- Construction and fitout of a new three level 9,000m2 building to accommodate laboratories and visitor facilities on the ground floor, and office workspace on levels 1 and 2.
- Construction and fitout of new 700m2 building for NIWA’s Invertebrate Collection.
- Landscaping and outdoor experimentation facilities.
- Demolition of existing Brodie and East buildings and ancillary buildings.
- Seismic strengthening and 900m2 extension to existing Brodie Store for labs, storage and workshops.
- Partial demolition and seismic strengthening of existing Allen Store building housing NIWA’s high performance computer facility (operation to be maintained throughout alterations.)
- New boat store, chemical store building, bike store and site landscaping / parking / hardstanding.
This ROI relates to the shortlisting of 3 – 4 suitably qualified construction contractors to tender for the NIWA Wellington redevelopment works.