|RFx ID :||20285136|
|Tender Name :||Wetland One Construction Works (Albany Campus)|
|Reference # :||TB18/28|
|Open Date :||Monday, 15 October 2018 10:00 AM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Close Date :||Friday, 9 November 2018 5:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Department/Business Unit :||Procurement & Contract|
|Tender Type :||Request for Tenders (RFT)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
09 213 6722
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
Massey University is seeking tenders from suitably qualified contractors to carry out Wetland One construction works on Albany Campus in Auckland.
Construction of a stormwater detention and treatment wetland at the head of Watercourse A (directly below Bush Road). The storage volume (1,840m3) will be achieved by construction of an earth dam across the valley floor. There will be little to no excavation works involved but earth fill will be used to construct the dam. The fill will either be imported from off site or will be taken from proposed areas of cut elsewhere on campus.
The works involved in the construction of the wetland will be as follows:
• Install appropriate erosion and sediment control measures to Auckland Council standards;
• Remove existing exotic vegetation from vicinity of proposed wetland;
• Divert stream if required;
• Form earth dam and sediment forebay bund;
• Install outlet pipes and manholes;
• Construction erosion protection at outlet from pond and emergency spillway;
• Carry out wetland and mitigation planting;
A new access track will also be formed to allow maintenance vehicles to reach the wetland. This track will be constructed of gravel and will run parallel to Albany Expressway from the existing car parking area to the wetland’s location.