|RFx ID :||26921535|
|Tender Name :||Main Construction Contractor for the Wellington District Court Seismic Remediation and Refurbishment Project (Stage 1 ECI and Stage 2 Construction Works contract)|
|Reference # :|
|Open Date :||Thursday, 23 February 2023 5:30 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Close Date :||Monday, 20 March 2023 11:30 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Tender Type :||Registration of Interest (ROI)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
The Ministry of Justice requires a Main Contractor with a strong track record of delivery of projects with complex staging and phasing, working within a live operational environment, proven change management capability to deliver the Wellington District Court Seismic Remediation and Refurbishment project. This procurement is a multi-step procurement approach:
- Step 1. Registration of Interest - Stage 1 for Early Contractor Involvement, the successful supplier will be offered a Pre-construction Services Agreement. It is important to note the Ministry intent is to only invite the successful ECI supplier to step 2 RFT, subject to supplier performance etc.
- Step 2. Request for Tender - Stage 2 for Construction works contract (NZS3910:2013) - The successful ECI main contractor will be invited to submit a RFT for Stage 2, subject to supplier performance etc during Stage 1.
Stage 1 has the following high-level requirements:
1. Buildability advice and value management suggestions.
2. Advice on mitigating construction cost escalation and risk management.
3. Material procurement schedule and early procurement of materials.
4. Early works or invasive inspections.
5. Pricing a pricing approach to the works.
6. Attend and contribute to a minimum of three Value Management workshops.
7. Attend fortnightly meetings.
Stage 2: has the following four high-level requirements, please download the ROI for the further details:
1. Decant space - The decant space will be a temporary fitout within the Wellington District Court that will allow for groups of building occupants to be relocated for periods of time whilst their original location is being renovated.
2. Seismic remediation and related refurbishment - Remediation to comply with the Ministry’s policy for seismically resilience buildings (minimum of 67% New Building Standard (NBS)) and courthouse design standards.
3. Windows replacement - Remediate weathertightness issues by replacing identified external windows.
4. Refurbishment of Levels 6&7 - Refurbishment including layout changes to enable the building to operate more efficiently, and health, safety, and security improvements.
In addition to Stage 1 and Stage 2 there is a potential future opportunity for refurbishment and modernisation of other areas. The refurbishment includes layout changes to enable the building to operate more efficiently, and health, safety, and security improvements. Noting this potential future opportunity is subject to funding approval