|RFx ID :||21337422|
|Tender Name :||ICCC - Development of an economy-wide model|
|Reference # :||1039-01-RFP|
|Open Date :||Wednesday, 31 July 2019 9:00 AM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Close Date :||Monday, 26 August 2019 12:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Department/Business Unit :||Procurement & Contracting|
|Tender Type :||Request for Proposals (RFP)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Exemption Reason :||None|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
IMPORTANT: All questions must be submitted electronically by 1:00pm, 12 August 2019, and all Proposals must be submitted electronically by 12:00pm (noon), 28 August 2019 via email to Natalie.Crane@iccc.mfe.govt.nz. Please refer to the RFP document for information.
What we need
The Interim Climate Change Committee (the Committee) is seeking to procure the development and initial running of a world-class open-source model or models of the New Zealand economy that can look at least 15 years ahead (and indicatively 30 years ahead). The model or models will eventually be run within the Climate Change Commission (the Commission) once it is established.
An economy-wide model or models will be needed to provide insights on key questions such as:
- What emissions reductions are technically and economically feasible when factoring in the interactions between sectors and economy-wide constraints?
- What are the economic consequences of different levels of emissions reductions, different types of policy interventions, and different scenarios of technological and economic change?
- What distributional impact could emissions budgets or emissions policies have on different sectors, regions, generations and socio-economic groups?
- What impact will domestic emissions policies have on New Zealand’s international trade and competitiveness?
- What impact will overseas markets and policies have on New Zealand emissions, production and trade?