|RFx ID :||19997335|
|Tender Name :||ICCC Maori Engagement|
|Reference # :||0998-01-RFP|
|Open Date :||Wednesday, 8 August 2018 9:00 AM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Close Date :||Friday, 31 August 2018 5:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Tender Type :||Request for Proposals (RFP)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
This RFP relates to the development and delivery of a Māori engagement plan. A second, and related RFP, for Māori policy analysis has also been released. We anticipate some potential suppliers will be interested in both opportunities.
What we need
The Interim Climate Change Committee (ICCC) has been tasked with delivering advice to the Government on how surrender obligations can best be arranged if agriculture emissions enter the ETS, and how to transition to 100% renewable energy.
The Terms of Reference require that engagement be an extensive and critical part of the ICCC’s work. Specifically, with regards Māori engagement, the Terms of Reference require the ICCC to:
- take a transparent and participative approach, with wide Māori engagement, and acting consistently with the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi, and
- take into account the likely impact of changes in policy on Iwi, hapū and Māori.
What we don’t want
The Māori engagement plan must reflect the ICCC’s Stakeholder Engagement Plan and utilise pre-existing fora and meetings where possible. We do not want a national roadshow of planned Hui.
What’s important to us
We are seeking a supplier that has strong and credible networks with Iwi and hapū, and that can:
- quickly understand the scope and significance of the ICCC’s work.
- prepare a succinct engagement plan that meets the criteria above, and aligns with our broader Stakeholder Engagement Work Programme.
- deliver and evaluate the engagement plan within the timeframes, and to budget.