|RFx ID :||19204568|
|Tender Name :||Literature review of New Zealand’s land use impacts on marine and fresh water|
|Reference # :||0913-01-RFQ|
|Open Date :||Monday, 6 November 2017 3:30 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Close Date :||Wednesday, 22 November 2017 12:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Department/Business Unit :||
Procurement & Contracting
|Tender Type :||Request for Quotations (RFQ)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
The Ministry and Stats NZ are mandated to report on state of the environment, using a pressure-state-impact framework, by the Environmental Reporting Act 2015. This procurement will improve the evidence used for this purpose, making our reporting more accurate and relevant so that it remains trusted by our partners and stakeholders.
This work will be produced for the upcoming synthesis report, Environment Aotearoa 2019. EA 2019 will focus on cross-domain issues (i.e. issues that span domains, for example, land, freshwater and marine environments). Due to the nature of the cross-domain and synthesis focus, we need to ensure that we have brought together the relevant information from across New Zealand in a robust, accurate way. A key issue that will be focussed on in EA 2019 is land use impacts on the marine and freshwater environment.
The Ministry is requiring a literature review, in the form of a report, of New Zealand’s land use impacts on marine and fresh water:
• focussing on New Zealand
• focussing on state and trends over time
• focussing on the interaction between domains, particularly through pressure, state, and impacts
• focussing on quantitative data, but filling in gaps with qualitative information (for example, impact information will likely be qualitative)
• identification of gaps in knowledge/data
• recommendations for future data and information improvements
• illustrating a few case studies (regional, catchment, locality
This is a unique opportunity to provide information that will inform the New Zealand public and decision makers about the pressure of land use on freshwater and marine ecosystems.
This tender has been awarded to