|RFx ID :||19402872|
|Tender Name :||Tailored and supervised exercise programmes for people with complex and chronic (long term) conditions|
|Reference # :||MDHB #11880.00|
|Open Date :||Monday, 29 January 2018 2:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Close Date :||Thursday, 8 March 2018 12:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Tender Type :||Request for Proposals (RFP)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
06 350 8989
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
MidCentral DHB (MDHB) wishes to fund a specialist exercise service that provides specialist exercise programmes for people with complex and chronic (long term) conditions such as respiratory, cardiac and diabetic disease (Complex Chronic Conditions). The programmes will
- include assessing and monitoring high risk consumers
- be designed, delivered and monitored by specialised staff with experience in exercise for people with Complex Chronic Conditions e.g. clinical exercise physiologists, physiotherapists, etc.
- provide each participant with an individualised, supervised exercise programme for up to 12 weeks
- be delivered in a safe environment suitable for these participants to undertake physical exercise.
The overall goal of the service is to improve participants’ health and well-being. The objectives of the service are to:
- increase participants’ exercise work capacity
- teach participants to monitor themselves during exercise
- relieve participants’ fear and anxiety relating to the health condition and/or ongoing exercise
- increase the likelihood of participants maintaining an exercise program independently
- assist with the rehabilitation of participants who have suffered a major event (such as a heart attack) or suffer from deconditioning due to chronic disease
- transition participants to undertake regular physical exercise as part of their normal activities.
Deadline for Proposals is 12.00noon, 8 March 2018