|RFx ID :||18687348|
|Tender Name :||Low Voltage Substation and 11kV Network Upgrade|
|Reference # :||MDHB-11474-00|
|Open Date :||Tuesday, 23 May 2017 3:30 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Close Date :||Friday, 23 June 2017 12:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Department/Business Unit :||
|Tender Type :||Request for Information (Market research) (RFI)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
(06) 350 8989
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
MidCentral District Health Board are seeking the services of a suitably qualified main contractor to undertake an upgrade of one of the main low voltage substations serving Palmerston North Hospital and the Hospital’s internal 11kV network. The project includes:
- Replacement of one of the main switchboards supplying the main clinical block.
- Upgrading of standby generation load shedding control across all switchboards on site.
- Construction of a fire rated room around the switchboard.
- Construction of a new external high voltage substation to supply the new switchboard.
- Replacement in situ of an existing high voltage substation.
- Installation of new 11kV cabling.
As the project involves live work on and around live hospital infrastructure, careful documented planning of the work will be essential. Co-ordination between trades will also be important as careful sequencing of the work will be required. Preference will be given to contractors with a proven track record of working within a live hospital environment and demonstrated ability to undertake the necessary planning of construction.
This is the first of three similar projects intended to be carried out sequentially as part of a general refresh of the site electrical infrastructure.