|RFx ID :||19940071|
|Tender Name :||Provision of Home and Community Support Services for people aged 65 years and over.|
|Reference # :|
|Open Date :||Monday, 23 July 2018 6:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Close Date :||Friday, 24 August 2018 5:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Department/Business Unit :||Strategy, Planning & Outcome|
|Tender Type :||Notice of Information (Advance Notice) (NOI)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
Notice of Intention to issue an RFP
The purpose of this notice is to advise that the Hutt Valley District Health Board (HVDHB) together with Capital & Coast District Health Board (CCDHB) intend to jointly release an RFP for the provision of Home and Community Support Services for people aged 65 years and over across the two DHB regions (the sub-region).
HVDHB, on behalf of both DHBs, intends to release the RFP in late August/early September 2018.
The two DHBs intend to move toward a dual or multi provider service provision for home and community support services for the over-65s in the sub-region to allow better development of service resilience across providers while retaining consistent services and quality standards across the sub-region.
The DHBs will be open to receiving proposals from single providers, or a consortium of providers including those who may have experience in delivering services to Maori, Pacific people and disadvantaged populations.
The intended RFP will seek services that:
• Give a strong focus to promoting wellness and are thoughtful of where people live and how they can be connected in our communities
• Can respond to long-term support needs in a timely way, to support improved hospital discharge and reablement in the home
• Effectively support self-care where appropriate
• Are culturally appropriate to our populations and are delivered by culturally competent staff
• Are locally responsive to the particular needs of the different communities across the Hutt Valley and Capital and Coast DHB regions
• Allow more person-centred services that better address the needs of older people, provides choice of service and support workers
• Demonstrate strong integration and alignment with other health providers, including Needs Assessment and Co-ordination (NASC), DHBs and primary care.
• Continually improve quality and safety (care standards, elder abuse, workforce development, cultural competency)
• Provide best value for money
• Deliver gains in equity of health outcomes
No response is required to this Notice of Intention to issue an RFP.
If you have questions before the RFP is issued please send an email to the authorized contact person:
This tender has been completed.
The Nurse Maude Association and Access Community Health Limited have successfully been awarded this contract
Completion date: Tuesday, 15 January 2019 1:22 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)