|RFx ID :||20350748|
|Tender Name :||AD16-4379 HCC Bridge Maintenance 2018/19|
|Reference # :|
|Open Date :||Wednesday, 31 October 2018 11:00 AM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Close Date :||Wednesday, 14 November 2018 2:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Tender Type :||Registration of Interest (ROI)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
Leanne Kernot, Road Asset Manager
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
Hutt City Council (HCC) is inviting experienced Bridge Painting Contractors to register their interesting in tendering for the upcoming Bridge Maintenance 2018/19 contract (AD16-4379), which involves protective coating repairs to steelwork on three existing bridges located in Lower Hutt.
a) Western Hutt Rd-Petone Station Rail Footbridge – touch-up spot coating repairs to structural steelwork along ramps
b) Railway Ave Overbridge - full recoat of steel bridge barrier
c) Ewen Bridge (over Hutt River) - full recoat of steel bridge barrier
Works are to be undertaken in accordance with the relevant industry standards, including NZTA Protective Coatings for Steel Bridges. Protective coating repairs to steelwork will typically involve (but is not limited to):
• High Pressure Washdown (5000 – 10000 psi) to remove all residual salt, loose paint chalking, organic matter and soluble contamination.
• Ensure all surfaces are clean to SSPC-SP1 (AS1627.1), prior to steel surface preparation such as power-tool clean to SSPC-SP3 (AS1627.2 St 3) or abrasive blast to SSPC-SP10 (AS1627.4 Sa 2.5).
• Application of a PUR5 coating system under AS/NZS2312:2014 (or equivalent approved).
• Erection of temporary work platforms (eg scaffolding or mobile elevated work platforms) and containment systems.
• Environmental compliance with GWRC permitted activity conditions. Prospective contractors are also to advise if they hold a mobile Resource Consent for site blasting activities (if deemed required).
• Traffic management.
• Liaison with Kiwirail including CAR Permit and Rail Protection coordination.
This work is planned for the 2018/19 financial year as part of the HCC bridge maintenance programme. Indicative programme of works as shown below:
• Tender Period: Nov/Dec 2018
• Contract Award: mid-Jan 2019
• Construction: from Feb 2019 (contract duration to be agreed with successful tenderer)
This ROI involves submitting a single A4 page capability statement, in response to this advertisement, demonstrating the contractor’s relevant experience and at least three track record projects (location, contract value, contract dates, project relevance, client/asset owner and referee contact details). Track record projects should be in the order of $100,000 or more.
Contact: Leanne Kernot, Road Asset Manager