|RFx ID :||20550243|
|Tender Name :||Whakaki Catchment – Land Use Assessment|
|Reference # :||20550243|
|Open Date :||Monday, 24 December 2018 9:00 AM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Close Date :||Friday, 25 January 2019 4:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Tender Type :||Request for Proposals (RFP)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Exemption Reason :||None|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :||Nathan Heath HBRC; 46 Freyberg Street, Wairoa 4108|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
|Agency Address :|
• A detailed Farm Environmental Management Plan (FEMP) that includes a Land Resource Assessment that identifies for each property -
o Key bio-physical characteristics at an appropriate farm scale.
o Identifies areas of the highest erosional risk and prioritises where investment should occur over time.
o Identifies areas of opportunity for increased profitability or productivity.
o Presents a ranges of management options and alternatives for addressing sustainable land use issues.
o Identifies any other sustainable land use issues that may need to be addressed.
• A consolidated LUC description for all properties that identifies the key LUC classes in Whakaki that can be used in group conversations around land use alternatives.
o That is not limited by the conventions of the existing LRI/LUC framework in the categorisation of LUC units, but rather adapts it to the needs of the land holders and the bio-physical characteristics of the catchment.
o Works closely with the landholders to understand their needs and issues and tailors recommendations based on those.
o Considers the risks, limitations, opportunities and alternatives to existing and potential land uses
This contract was awarded to Land Vision Ltd.
• experience and proven track record at delivering the types of maps we are looking for, for this bit of the project was by far the best.
• already been working in the area and done mapping before in Whakaki.
• known to the catchment group
• The soil map was an added bonus
• The price was good and happy to return unspent funds to the project.