|RFx ID :||24918501|
|Tender Name :||Parenteral Nutrition Compounding|
|Reference # :||30340|
|Open Date :||Monday, 1 November 2021 9:00 AM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Close Date :||Monday, 20 December 2021 5:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Department/Business Unit :||Procurement|
|Tender Type :||Request for Proposals (RFP)|
|Tender Coverage :||Syndicated Opportunity [?]|
|Exemption Reason :||None|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
|Agency Address :||NEW ZEALAND|
1. District Health Boards (DHBs) have a requirement for outsourced parenteral nutrition services.
2. Parenteral nutrition is used where oral or enteral nutrition is insufficient to meet requirements. It is intravenously administered medicine.
3. The outsourced parenteral nutrition services required by DHBs covers patients in hospital care as well as patients in the community.
4. As at the time of writing, the existing national contract for nutrition is set to expire December 2021. An interim extension will be undertaken to allow for this RFP process to complete.
5. Achieving healthcare equity is a key driver of this RFP. We want to achieve:
a. Improved service delivery for patients in the regions
b. Parity in access to parenteral nutrition products and services across New Zealand
6. The term DHB used in this RFP is subject to change as part of wider health care system reform. These changes are expected to be implemented from 1 July 2022.
This tender has been awarded.