|RFx ID :||24167401|
|Tender Name :||On-Bus Announcement System|
|Reference # :|
|Open Date :||Monday, 12 April 2021 10:00 AM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Close Date :||Wednesday, 19 May 2021 12:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Tender Type :||Request for Proposals (RFP)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Exemption Reason :||None|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
Greater Wellington Regional Council (GWRC) is seeking request for proposal (RFP) from suitably qualified and credible providers, to provide the hardware, software and content required to implement and maintain an on-bus next stop announcement system to a portion of GWRC’s Wellington-based bus fleet.
This initial procurement is for deployment on up to 240 of GWRC’s 386 buses, with the remainder to be done in future. A full region-wide implementation of a system is ultimately required, therefore this project provides the opportunity for further implementation upon successful completion of this procurement.
The intent of the On-Bus Next Stop Announcements project is to improve the customer experience for bus users by providing more accessible journey information through on-board bus announcements. The project scope is restricted to audio and visual information, with a primary focus on people with visual impairments.
GWRC will be looking for providers with the following attributes for this project:
• a strong track record and broad range of experience with transport-based systems, and particularly customer information systems
• the ability to deliver on a methodology that balances innovation, risk and complexity
• the ability to develop tools that have the functionality to support current challenges and the flexibility to adapt to future challenges
• local presence, with strong New Zealand base and international expertise
• a willingness to work in an open, honest and collaborative manner
• the desire to build capability within the client team and across the sector.
Note: GWRC issued an Advance Notice on 22 Dec 2020 relating to this RFP.
Please submit all questions via this GETS tender