|RFx ID :||23806812|
|Tender Name :||Advance Notice - On-Bus Next Stop Announcements|
|Reference # :|
|Open Date :||Tuesday, 22 December 2020 11:30 AM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Close Date :||Monday, 1 February 2021 5:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Tender Type :||Notice of Information (Advance Notice) (NOI)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
Greater Wellington Regional Council (GWRC) gives notice of its intention to issue a request for proposal (RFP) from suitably qualified providers, to provide the hardware, software and content required to implement and maintain an on-bus next stop announcement system to a portion of GWRC’s Wellington-based bus fleet.
This initial procurement is for deployment on up to 240 of GWRC’s 386 buses, with the remainder to be done in future. A full region-wide implementation of a system is ultimately required, therefore this project provides the opportunity for further implementation upon successful completion of this procurement.
The intent of the On-Bus Next Stop Announcements project is to improve the customer experience for bus users by providing more accessible journey information through on-board bus announcements. The project scope is restricted to audio and visual information, with a primary focus on people with visual impairments.
GWRC will be looking for providers with the following attributes for this project:
- a strong track record and broad range of experience with transport-based systems, and particularly customer information systems
- the ability to deliver on a methodology that balances innovation, risk and complexity
- the ability to develop tools that have the functionality to support current challenges and the flexibility to adapt to future challenges
- local presence, a strong New Zealand base and international expertise
- a willingness to work in an open, honest and collaborative manner
- the desire to build capability within the client team and across the sector.
The expected timeline for the release of the RFP is around end January - early February 2021
Please do NOT reply to this notice, but if you have questions before the RFP is issued, please contact GWRC via firstname.lastname@example.org