|RFx ID :||21762823|
|Tender Name :||Gore WTP Upgrade - Plant Construction|
|Reference # :||GDC2019/01|
|Open Date :||Friday, 11 October 2019 8:00 AM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Close Date :||Wednesday, 18 December 2019 4:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Tender Type :||Request for Tenders (RFT)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Exemption Reason :||None|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
027 405 8411
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :||N/A|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :||N/A|
|Agency Address :|
The Gore District Council is consolidating its water treatment sites in Gore from two existing treatment sites to one, being an upgraded water treatment plant (WTP) in Wentworth St in east Gore. Their existing Hilbre Avenue WTP will be decommissioned, retaining only reservoir storage and reticulation pumping on this west Gore site.
As part of this project, the West Gore/Wentworth Street WTP will be upgraded to meet the Drinking Water Standards for New Zealand 2005 (DWSNZ) and the capacity will be increased.
The new WTP will be sized for 6,000 m³/d with provision to expand to 8,000 m³/d in the future.
The Contract Works include the following:
1. Preliminaries and general
2. A new aeration tower and blower, replacing the existing tower.
3. Chlorine dosing equipment, upgrading existing process equipment, and installation in a new drum store.
4. Caustic soda dosing equipment, replacing the existing caustic dosing system.
5. Coagulant dosing equipment, a new dosing and storage system.
6. A flocculation tank and baffles.
7. Media filtration with three filters, constructed in concrete tankage.
8. A concrete backwash water tank.
9. An FRP wastewater buffering tank, to buffer the discharge rate to the sewer.
10. UV disinfection.
11. A new booster pump station, to supply the local high-level reticulation, replacing the existing system.
12. Compressed air supply, supplying instrument air for valve actuation.
13. Process, waste and stormwater pipework.
14. Associated civil and earthworks including access road upgrade.
15. Associated buildings and structures.
16. Electrical, instrumentation and control, including replacing the existing MCC and supplying a road trailer mounted diesel generator.
17. Testing, commissioning.
18. Three-day trial operation and operator training.
The plant has been designed to facilitate additional treatment steps in the future including:
The scope of this contract includes the construction of concrete water retaining structures, supply and installation of pipework and mechanical equipment, electrical installation supply and installation. The scope includes pre-commissioning of the installed plant.
Alternative tenders will be considered using membrane-based filtration.
This tender has been awarded.