|RFx ID :||21346274|
|Tender Name :||Longford Shared Path Design Contract|
|Reference # :||Contract No. 2019/11|
|Open Date :||Thursday, 1 August 2019 8:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Close Date :||Thursday, 12 September 2019 4:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Tender Type :||Request for Proposals (RFP)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Exemption Reason :||None|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :||N/A|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
This project is developed to address safety and access problems, which includes a shared cycling and pedestrian track connecting East Gore through the Mataura river to the other side of the town including the CBD and schools. This link is the most important part of the network as it will provide a connection between East Gore and businesses, schools, shopping and sporting facilities in Gore. This central link, along with a new river crossing, will lead to a significant step-change in the provision of safe walking and cycling connections in the town.
This is an opportunity for a suitably qualified supplier to deliver a unique and special design as a showcase for its design acumen. Designing a single span bridge and shared path (track) with associated landscaping for the use of pedestrian and cyclist.
• An opportunity, not only developing a cycling infrastructure but also looking at delivery of an innovative and creative addition to the District’s facilities. Providing an attractive infrastructure for residents and visitors and encouraging them to use an alternative mode of transport.
• Having a contribution to a “once in a generation project” that will have a lasting impact on the social and economic wellbeing of a rural community.
• Undertaking the preliminary and detailed design and producing the construction documents;
• Future proof single-span bridge design ;
• Designing all elements of the pedestrian and cycling track (centre link);
• Designing a cost-effective, value for money, unique and sustainable bridge and cycling track consistent with the local values and rural nature of Gore;
• Undertaking value engineering and preparing a firm and accurate estimate for the construction costs as well as the cost of the asset lifecycle; and
• All required engineering and design processes, including safety in design (SiD).