|RFx ID :||18996376|
|Tender Name :||Reinsurance Broking Services|
|Reference # :|
|Open Date :||Wednesday, 6 September 2017 9:30 AM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Close Date :||Friday, 22 September 2017 3:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Tender Type :||Registration of Interest (ROI)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
The Earthquake Commission (EQC) provides coverage for all insured residential property in New Zealand for earthquake, tsunami, natural landslip, volcanic eruption, hydrothermal activity and flood damage to land.
EQC currently purchases more than $4.5 billion of reinsurance capacity involving more than 70 reinsurance markets, making it one of the largest reinsurance programmes world-wide.
EQC is seeking the services of a reinsurance intermediary to:
• Advise EQC on the competitive purchase of conventional reinsurance as well as viable alternatives as part of an overall strategy for the protection of the Natural Disaster Fund.
• Advise on counterparty risk policy and assist with implementation
• Ensure the proposed strategy will remain feasible for EQC.
• Assist in the negotiation and placement of reinsurance and/or any risk financing alternative.
• Assist in reinsurance claim recoveries
EQC is looking to award the final contract to an intermediary or intermediaries with experience in major governmental natural disaster insurance programmes and other similar reinsurance placements and can demonstrate that they can add value to reinsurance negotiations.
For further information please see the Registration of Interest Documents attached.
This tender has been awarded to