|RFx ID :||26191307|
|Tender Name :||RETA - Biomass Availability Assessment - Remaining South Island Regions|
|Reference # :||RETA 3.6|
|Open Date :||Wednesday, 17 August 2022 11:00 AM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Close Date :||Thursday, 8 September 2022 4:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Tender Type :||Request for Proposals (RFP)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Exemption Reason :||None|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
Grace van Dyk
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
|Agency Address :||NEW ZEALAND|
This is a closed RFP for a biomass availability report requiring data gathering and a cost forecast to be completed for the four remining South Island Regions in the Regional Energy Transition Accelerator (RETA) programme. We need information for each of the remaining South Island regions as follows (with further information outlined in the RFP):
• Identify current usage of available biomass resources in each region;
• Assessment of total available woody biomass in each region
• Development of a cost forecast for each region/sub region;
• Identify available residues streams and current users;
• Produce a report and supporting data outputs; and
• Assist EECA to define the regional energy transition roadmap in each region
We are seeking proposals from suitably qualified and experienced individuals/organisations to complete this work.
A pilot programme has already covered the Southland and Mid-South Canterbury regions. Therefore, this opportunity is for the remaining parts of the South Island which, for the purpose of the assessments to be completed and associated stakeholder engagement, we have grouped into four regions as follows:
• Tasman-Nelson-Marlborough (Indicatively Network Tasman, Nelson City, and Marlborough Lines electricity network areas)
• Canterbury (Indicatively the Orion, and Mainpower electricity network areas).
• West Coast (Indicatively the Buller Electricity, and Westpower electricity network areas); and
• Otago (Indicatively the Aurora Energy, and OtagoNet electricity network areas).
This tender has been awarded.