|RFx ID :||18482074|
|Tender Name :||Supplementary RFP For Telecommunications as a Service|
|Reference # :|
|Open Date :||Friday, 17 March 2017 5:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Close Date :||Friday, 5 May 2017 12:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Tender Type :||Request for Proposals (RFP)|
|Tender Coverage :||All of Government [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
The Telecommunications as a Service (TaaS) Programme is an initiative, where the Department of Internal Affairs acts as Lead Agency on behalf of the Government Chief Information Officer, that aims to deliver a range of cross-government telecommunications and managed security services sourced from a range of suppliers appointed to a common capability panel. The TaaS common capability panel is the first to be where the opening is triggered by a requirement or opportunity rather than a scheduled process. The outcome of the RFP may lead to the appointment of new suppliers to the TaaS Common Capability Panel and / or additions to the range of services currently available.
Existing TaaS panel members will not need to re-tender for the services they have been approved to provide. However, should existing TaaS panel members want to extend their service capability for services that they are currently not approved for, then they can submit a response to the RFP for those new services only so that these can be evaluated.
This RFP will interest you if you provide services, in the following areas:
- Connectivity Services (such as cabling, LAN, wireless, WAN, data centre connectivity and interconnectivity, internet and PSTN access).
- Communications services (including calling, voice, smart phone and tablet provisioning, mobile handset hardware and mobile device management), PSTN calling services, Telecommunications application services (e.g. VOIP, UC, audio conferencing, and video conferencing and meeting room services)
- Contact Centre Services (such as PSTN and enterprise voice integration, call handling, and interactive voice response, and voice biometrics).
- Managed Security Services including those associated with the consumption of telecommunication services, and Cloud Access Secure Broker services (CASB)
- Aggregation Services (such as service management and aggregation)
Closing date for the RFP is 12:00 noon, 28 April 2017.