|RFx ID :||22333865|
|Tender Name :||Waste Collection System Solution - Options for the Inner City|
|Reference # :||19/20-22333865|
|Open Date :||Monday, 16 March 2020 3:30 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Close Date :||Wednesday, 15 April 2020 12:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Department/Business Unit :||Procurement & Contracts|
|Tender Type :||Request for Proposals (RFP)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Exemption Reason :||None|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
The Christchurch City Council seeks proposals from environmental services consultants and industry experts for the supply of inner city waste storage and collection system options as detailed in this RFP.
The Council have identified the need for an improved system for collecting waste materials in the Christchurch inner city. The demand for a new system is driven by recovery of the central city following the Christchurch earthquake sequence, with an increasing population and dwelling density expected.
Council seek a “modern” inner city collection model that:
• Complements the Council’s existing 3 bin kerbside collection utilised through the metropolitan area;
• provides an innovative solution for waste collection;
• reduces transport emissions; and
• reduces waste to landfill.
Council seek proposals which identify options to maximise diversion from landfill while meeting the needs of a growing mixed use and urban residential population. The project deliverables will be split into two parts:
• Part 1 - review of available collection technologies
• Part 2 – feasibility assessment and applicability to Christchurch.