|RFx ID :||19730455|
|Tender Name :||LDRP 527 Heathcote Dredging Stage 1|
|Reference # :|
|Open Date :||Monday, 23 July 2018 3:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Close Date :||Wednesday, 22 August 2018 12:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Tender Type :||Request for Quotations (RFQ)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Exemption Reason :||None|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :||Christchurch City Council, Tender Box (Ground Floor Reception), Civic Offices, 53 Hereford Street, Christchurch 8011.|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
|Agency Address :|
Christchurch City Council is progressing dredging of the Lower Heathcote River to reduce the severity of flooding along the river. Over the next 2 years dredging between Beckford Road bridge and the Woolston Tidal Barrage (Connal Street) will be progressed as 2 main packages of physical works.
• First package of dredging works (this RFQ)
- Stage 1 Dredging Reach between Radley Street and the Woolston Tidal Barrage (Connal Street) comprising approx. 11,000 m3 of sediment removal and significant landscaping
- ‘quick-win’ sections (4) of Stage 2 between Opawa Road and Radley Street totalling approximately 7,000 m3.
• The second RFQ (expected Jan 2019) will include:
- Part Stage 2 Dredging Reach Opawa Rd to Radley St- Remaining sediment removal (est. 10,000 m3) and bank stabilisation works
- Stage 3 Dredging Reach Beckford Rd to Opawa Rd- Sediment removal (est. 15,000m3) and bank stabilisation works.
The in-river dredging works will be executed under global dredging consent CRC121582 and associated supporting consents. Additional consents to support Stage 1 works are being obtained by Council for disturbance of potentially contaminated land (bank works), tree removals, structures and construction phase stormwater discharges.
The dredging work will involve elements of vegetation clearance, sediment control, silt removal, bank works including bank stabilisation rock placement, structures and landscaping.
Important constraints impacting the works include:
• Requirement to manage sediment within the work site including for in-river works
• Management of potentially contaminated sediment and on going testing
• Impacts on and interface with the public and adjacent landowners
• Programming physical works around Inanga Spawning Season and considering the timing of impacts on spawning habitat (affects Stage 2 Dredging Reach)
• Ensuring fish passage at all times for migration of fish up and down the river
• Optimising sub-staging and works programming to deliver in the timeframes available
Completing the Stage 1 works within (or faster than) the timeframes is required to enable completion of all dredging within the 2 year funding timeframe for the project. This is expected to be challenging, given the nature and extent of the works. Council is seeking contractors who can work with Council to ensure successful completion of the project packages within the timeframes available.
This tender has been awarded to