|RFx ID :||28243143|
|Tender Name :||CON001056 Whakatane Project Future Proof - Section 1|
|Reference # :||CON001056|
|Open Date :||Monday, 9 October 2023 1:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Close Date :||Tuesday, 21 November 2023 4:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Department/Business Unit :||BOPRC Procurement|
|Tender Type :||Request for Tenders (RFT)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Exemption Reason :||None|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
The Bay of Plenty Regional Council are seeking a suitably qualified civil construction contractor to carry out the first section of Whakatāne Project Future Proof. The Kakahoroa Drive section is the first of four stages to replace and upgrade the floodwalls, and flood defences, along the lower Whakatāne River.
Briefly, the physical works include:
• Location and protection of all services during the works.
• Site clearance, including but not limited to the removal of vegetation and obstructions effecting the works, stripping of topsoil along the extent of the new stopbank footprint and removal of existing structures including kerb and channel, existing floodwall, footpath, and pedestrian ramp.
• Earthworks, including the construction of the stopbank along the new alignment.
• Pavement work, including excavation of existing pavement, new kerb and channel, concrete, and cobblestone footpaths. New pavement including subbase, basecourse, waterproof membrane, concrete apron, asphalt wearing course and line marking.
• Pipe work including realignment of water supply, penetration through sheet piles, and installation of new sub soil seepage trench.
• New floodwall, including installation of sheet piles, strip footings, precast facing panels, capping units and decorative design.
• Insitu footing and plinth for relocated statue.
• New pedestrian access including precast retaining panels and footings, stairway, ramp and all associated safety features such as balustrades and handrails.
• Relocation and reinstatement of streetlight poles.
• Topsoiling and reinstatement.
• Other miscellaneous items described or implied in the specifications or drawings.