|RFx ID :||26084407|
|Tender Name :||Design and Build Maritime Vessel|
|Reference # :||CON000388|
|Open Date :||Monday, 25 July 2022 9:00 AM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Close Date :||Friday, 19 August 2022 10:00 AM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Department/Business Unit :||BOPRC Procurement|
|Tender Type :||Request for Proposals (RFP)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Exemption Reason :||None|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
BOPRC Procurement BOPRC Procurement
0800 884 881 ext 9343
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
Bay of Plenty Regional Council Harbourmaster and Maritime Team work to keep Bay of Plenty waterways safe for everyone to enjoy.
We are seeking Requests for Proposals (RFP) for the design and build of a new compact functional workboat of about 9m length overall for Council to operate in the enclosed waters of the Whakatāne, Ōhope and Ōpōtiki harbours and within the inshore limits of 12 nautical miles across the Eastern Bay of Plenty region.
In summary the vessel will:
• Be based in Whakatāne or Ōpōtiki and able to service the entire Bay of Plenty Region inshore limits in a range of weather conditions.
• will transit the region by sea and be designed and constructed to safely across harbour bars at Whakatāne and Ōhope
• be used to position and retrieve navigational aids, lift, hold and reposition 2Tonne mooring blocks. Have lifting capability of 1000kg at 3m, via certified crane mounted starboard bow shoulder
• be designed and equipped to respond to flood and marine incidents
• provide services in the event of an oil spill
• assist regularly with Maritime’s emergency and core functions.
• have the ability to tow astern and barge on port side, vessels of up to 20m
• have haul out functionality using a crane or with the design built trailer.
We envisage the vessel will be up to 9m Length overall (LOA), have a shallow water draft of 1m and be capable to work in confined spaces and be able to be easily controlled in rapid waters or flood conditions. The design and length will need to be weighed up with the ability to navigate bars and control in open water along with the required lifting capabilities.
RFP proposals are to be received by Bay of Plenty Regional Council no later than 10.00am, 19 August 2022.
Please refer to the RFP and specifications in the attachments for the full details.