|RFx ID :||19271550|
|Tender Name :||Building 24 Seismic Upgrade|
|Reference # :||4271521|
|Open Date :||Tuesday, 28 November 2017 11:30 AM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Close Date :||Friday, 15 December 2017 2:30 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Department/Business Unit :||
|Tender Type :||Request for Tenders (RFT)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :||c/o Neil McConalogue, Beca, 32 Harrington Street, Tauranga.|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
The Bay of Plenty District Health Board (BOPDHB), the Principal, is to undertake a seismic strengthening and refurbishment works to Building 24 at Tauranga Hospital in two phases:
• Phase One: Longitudinal seismic strengthening to the external building elevations and internal structural steel bracing at Level 4.
• Phase Two: Transverse strengthening (Levels 1-3) to the internal of the building and fit out of Levels 1 – 4 inclusive.
The BOPDHB now wishes to obtain tenders from suitably resourced and experienced construction companies for the carrying out the Phase One Works. This Request for Tender (RFT) has therefore been prepared to competitively procure a contractor on the basis of a P&G / margin that will subsequently be converted to a fixed price lump sum – via a two stage procurement process.
Further details of the procurement process are provided within the RFT documentation.
For the purposes of this tender the indicative total construction cost of Phase One Works is $1,828,000 excluding GST, Preliminaries and Margin.
It should be noted that interested parties will only be considered if they have successful hospital construction experience of similar hospital facilities >$3M in the last five years.
SCOPE OF WORKS
The Scope of Works for Phase One includes, but is not limited to, the following work:
• Demolition and Alterations
• Seismic Strengthening Works (predominately external concrete works)
• Steel bracing (internally on Level 4)
• Elevation Upgrade – façade improvements
• Protection of Critical Services
• Services Diversions
It is the Principal’s objective to have the works completed by late 2018.
Note: Building 24 will remain fully operational during the construction phase and certain elements of work are anticipated to be completed out of hours, subject to finalising the construction methodology, these are but not limited to:
• Removal of existing render (to concrete structure) to all affected areas
• Scabblling of concrete to all elevations
• Removal of Cantilevered timber floor structure on Level 4