|RFx ID :||23094422|
|Tender Name :||112-20-834-PS - Access for Everyone|
|Reference # :||112-20-834-PS|
|Open Date :||Monday, 10 August 2020 6:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Close Date :||Monday, 31 August 2020 12:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Tender Type :||Registration of Interest (ROI)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
|Agency Address :|
This ROI seeks to procure a specialist team to develop and deliver a Programme Business Case (PBC) for the implementation of the Auckland City Centre Masterplan’s ‘Access for Everyone’ (A4E) concept.
'Access for Everyone' (A4E) is at the core of the City Centre Masterplan (CCMP). It provides the movement, transport and open space framework for assessing and implementing further City Centre Masterplan projects.
This project is led by Auckland Council and delivered by Auckland Transport (AT). A majority of funding for future A4E projects will be provided by Auckland Transport. The City Centre Masterplan's objectives for the A4E concept are:
1. Traffic circulation system where private vehicles access city centre zones from the city's edge.
2. City centre managed as a series of low-traffic neighbourhoods, restricting through-traffic.
3. 30% reduction in peak-time traffic levels in Auckland city centre to enable new traffic network.
4. Mode shift towards public transport, walking, cycling and micro-mobility.
5. Easier access for people with accessibility and mobility needs.
6. Better conditions for freight access in city centre, including construction, deliveries and rubbish collection.
7. More reliable access for emergency services.
8. Growth in use of smaller, zero-emissions vehicles for city centre transport of people and goods.
9. Zero-emissions areas in Waihorotiu Queen Street Valley - enabled initially via pilot projects to prioritise pedestrians.
Other outcomes include a clear understanding of:
• How A4E can best meet CCMP objectives and contribute to the wider transport objectives.
• How potential land use could change in response to A4E implementation.
• How land use changes could trigger development of the A4E concept.
The outcome is to deliver a PBC that identifies a preferred programme of activities which leads to the optimum implementation of A4E and the outcomes identified in the refreshed City Centre Masterplan. The preferred programme will be prioritised to identify the most urgent or critical activities.
An initial study will assess and review the findings of previous work and undertake a gap analysis before commencing work on the PBC. This work will develop a longlist of possible options to deliver against the project objectives and successfully achieve the outcomes for A4E in the City Centre Masterplan.
This tender has been completed.
Stage 1 ROI Completed - it aid to shortlist the participants for Stage 2 RFP, still under evaluation 29/09.
Completion date: Tuesday, 29 September 2020 10:34 AM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)