|RFx ID :||21787957|
|Tender Name :||Advance Notice - On Bus Connectivity|
|Reference # :||102-20-186-BT|
|Open Date :||Tuesday, 15 October 2019 4:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Close Date :||Friday, 8 November 2019 5:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Tender Type :||Invitation to Participate (ITP)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
The purpose of this Advance Notice is to inform suppliers of an upcoming two stage tender for the supply and support of an ‘On-Bus Connectivity Solution’ for Auckland Transport (AT).
Buses are the most used form of public transport, with 71.8 million bus boardings taking place last year. Customer feedback has identified that there is a lack of on-bus journey information for passengers (the problem). As result, AT recently completed a trial (proof of concept) which provided audio and visual next stop, transfer and disruption information to bus customers. The trial was successful with positive customer feedback.
As a result of the trial, AT now wishes to seek a single supplier (or multiple suppliers in partnership) to supply an On-Bus Connectivity solution which can provide journey information to customers. This deployment will deliver the following benefits to AT’s customers:
• Enhance the customers daily journey by making it easier for customers to use buses when taking unfamiliar routes.
• Improve customer experience during a disruption by providing real time on bus information.
• Improve customer safety by delivering On-Bus safety messages.
• Assist customers to make connected journeys by providing On-Bus transfer information.
• Utilise real time bus connectivity to provide customers with more frequent HOP balance updates.
• Utilise real-time bus connectivity to potentially provide On-Bus communications to bus drivers.
• Improve the customer accessibility experience.
This Advance Notice is not an offer to enter into a contract. An offer to take part in a tender may follow. The terms of any offered contract that may follow may differ from those indicated here. This Advance Notice does not form part of any subsequent contract that may follow nor does it limit the tender process for any subsequent contract.