|RFx ID :||19332885|
|Tender Name :||442-18-385-PT - On Demand Rideshare Service Trial - Operational - RFP|
|Reference # :||442-18-385-PT|
|Open Date :||Friday, 15 December 2017 4:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Close Date :||Wednesday, 31 January 2018 5:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Tender Type :||Request for Proposals (RFP)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
09 447 5121
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
Auckland Transport recognises that our customers’ journeys begin with the commute from home to the nearest transport hub and ends with a similar commute home. We also recognise that their connecting journeys before and after the public transport ride can be influential enough to encourage or discourage a person to ride public transport. For this reason, Auckland Transport is developing strategies to improve first and last “leg” connections to transport hubs. These strategies will facilitate a seamless and convenient travel experience for our customers. They will also make public transport more accessible to potential customers which is expected to increase public transport use.
Auckland Transport is trialling an on-demand rideshare service to address customers’ first and last leg connections. The service will use six electric vehicles and will operate in a three kilometre radius from the Devonport ferry terminal initially. Customers will communicate with the service through a mobile application to book, manage and pay for services as well as monitor vehicle location and anticipated pickup time.
We are continually looking for opportunities to improve our customers’ journeys and this trial is aimed to do just that by -
• removing reliance on private vehicles to get to the nearest transport hub.
• eliminating the hassle associated with parking.
• providing an alternative to active modes of travel in inclement weather.
• delivering flexibility through the ability to book a service when needed.
• providing personalised service through on-demand, dynamic routing.
• guaranteeing service availability through the ability to schedule services in advance.
Auckland Transport is the first public transport entity in New Zealand to trail this type of service. We are leading the way through the introduction of new innovative ways to encourage public transport use, while –
• optimising resources through the rideshare approach.
• demonstrating the importance we place on sustainable and environmentally conscious transport options.