|RFx ID :||19285700|
|Tender Name :||Wiri EMU Depot Expansion Land Enabling Works - Advanced Notice|
|Reference # :|
|Open Date :||Thursday, 30 November 2017 3:30 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Close Date :||Saturday, 9 December 2017 5:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Tender Type :||Notice of Information (NOI)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
Advanced Notice – Wiri EMU Depot Expansion Land Enabling Works
Auckland Transport (AT) is intending to carry out works to our recently acquired land adjacent to the existing EMU Deport at Wiri.
The objective of the work is to bring the land up to a condition ready for future development of the EMU Depot Expansion, essentially comprising retaining wall construction, earthworks (cut and fill), stormwater drainage and services relocations.
The scope of the works includes:
- Construction of Mass Block Retaining Wall including geogrid and GAP65 backfill. Wall is approx. 400m long and up to 4m high.
- Cut and fill approximate volumes:
o 5,000m3 cut to fill (retained on site)
o 10,000m3 cut to spoil (removed from site)
- New stormwater drainage (up to 1050mm dia) and manholes (up to 1500mm dia, 5m deep)
- Service relocations: sewer pump station, lighting and electrical
Access over the neighbouring site to construct the retaining wall is available until end June 2018.
The works will likely be tendered open to market in January 2018 and awarded in March 2018
AT will be seeking a capable and experienced civil works contractor to deliver the works who has:
• Experience of construction of mass block retaining walls
• Experience in excavation / earthmoving / engineered fill
• ESCPs and winter earthworks
• Construction of large capacity stormwater and sewer systems
• Experience of working adjacent to live OLE rail
• Adequate available human resources, plant and equipment to carry out the works between February and June 2018
The following tender preconditions will apply:
• Current Health & Safety ACC tertiary accreditation. Contractors must be registered with ISNetworld, AT's Health & Safety prequalification system, prior to a contract being awarded (see: http://www.ISNetworld.com) and have passed a H&S prequalification assessment that meets AT's requirements.
• Ability to obtain a surety with a bank registered in New Zealand or an insurance company with a credit rating of no less than A- registered with the Reserve Bank of New Zealand, for 10% of the contract value. Refer to: http://www.rbnz.govt.nz/regulation-and-supervision/insurers/rating.
• Prequalified to AT Prequalification Register as at 31st October 2017 for categories AT 3A Structures and AT 4A Earthworks & Geotechnical
Any contractors who may be interested in tendering for the works are encouraged to advise of their interest before 9th January 2018