|RFx ID :||18989446|
|Tender Name :||360-18-152-AC Panmure bus layover and roundabout|
|Reference # :||360-18-152-AC|
|Open Date :||Tuesday, 5 September 2017 9:00 AM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Close Date :||Wednesday, 27 September 2017 4:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Tender Type :||Request for Tenders (RFT)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
The new Regional Public Transport Plan (RPTP) is changing how public transport services are delivered across Auckland. As a result of the changes including transformation of the bus route and network design initiated through the RPTP, a shift towards hub and spoke principle of bus operations, interchange facilities will become major transport activity centres. Bus routes have been rationalised to feed into the train network increasing the number of bus services terminating at train stations.
For East Auckland the new RPTP is commencing in December 10th 2017.
Panmure Station has been identified as the main transport interchange with six bus routes planned to terminate there. It is also the start point of Eastern Bus strategic project aimed at providing reliable and fast connectivity to the fast growing areas of Pakuranga, Howick and Botany.
There is a need for additional bus parking in the area given the large volume of buses that will begin and end their route at the Panmure Station. The proposed layover will provide a solution that will reduce the likelihood of a bus needing to circle on existing roads before beginning a trip, resulting in a reduction in the resultant congestion and ensuring reliability of service is maintained.
We are seeking a main contractor to provide for expected additional parking demand by construction:
1. Six or more bus layover bays on both sides of Quinlan Street.
2. A roundabout at the intersection of Mountain Road and Quinlan Street to allow buses to turn around.
3. Street lighting relocation and installation of the additional street lighting poles.
- Quality Control System which are independently certified to ISO 9001 compliant.
- Ability to provide an on demand surety bond that shall not be less than ‘A’ – registered with the Reserve Bank of New Zealand, for 10% of the contract value. Refer to: http://www.rbnz.govt.nz/regulation-and-supervision/insurers/rating.
- Able to put forward a minimum of three projects demonstrating prior experience in roading and civil construction for a total value of no less than NZ$ 600K for each of the three projects.
- ISN Registration