|RFx ID :||19224533|
|Tender Name :||Operation of Keepa Road Greenwaste Composting Facility|
|Reference # :||18-011|
|Open Date :||Tuesday, 14 November 2017 9:00 AM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Close Date :||Thursday, 14 December 2017 4:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Tender Type :||Request for Proposals (RFP)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
07 306 0500
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :||Tender Box, Whakatane District Council, Civic Centre, Commerce Street, Whakatane|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
What we need:
Council’s Keepa Road Greenwaste Composting Facility receives approximately 5,000 tonnes of greenwaste per annum from kerbside and transfer station collections. This purpose-built site uses ‘open windrow’ composting methodology to produce a high quality compost.
We are seeking an operator for the site who can:
• Receive the greenwaste delivered by council’s contractors;
• Ensure the site is kept tidy and organised;
• Undertake composting operations in accordance with the Operational Management Plan (OMP) and NZS4454-2005 Standard for Composts, Soil Conditioners and Mulches;
• Undertake operations in accordance with associated resource and land-use consents;
• Market the resulting compost;
• Work with council and waste collection contractors to optimise operations;
• Implement Health and Safety practices that comply with all relevant legislation and best practice
We also welcome any innovative ideas for use of the compost product. The Supplier will receive the proceedings from sale of the resulting compost taking into account any alternative use proposed.
What we don’t want:
The contract will not involve any collections - greenwaste is delivered to the site by council and contractors.
It is expected that operations will not require the site to be manned constantly during operational hours, but is expected that it is monitored and remains organised and tidy.
What’s important to us:
The Council is looking for credible providers who have the resources, experience and infrastructure to operate the site and deliver a high-quality, marketable compost product. Providers must have excellent, documented Health and Safety processes that recognise and address all the hazards and risks associated with these operations.
It is imperative that the contractor appreciates Council’s waste minimisation philosophy and is able to work with Council and other contractors to optimise the site operations. Council is also interested in any suggestions to improve the composting processes and innovative uses for the resulting compost product.