|RFx ID :||20393401|
|Tender Name :||Contract 1142 Headingly Lane Water Main|
|Reference # :||C1142|
|Open Date :||Thursday, 8 November 2018 2:30 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Close Date :||Wednesday, 12 December 2018 4:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Tender Type :||Request for Tenders (RFT)|
|Tender Coverage :||All of Government [?]|
|Exemption Reason :||None|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
Engineering Contracts Officer
03 543 8400
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
|Agency Address :|
Contract 1142 Headingly Lane Water Main
The Principal Tasman District Council is inviting tenders for Contract 1142 Headingly Lane Water Main.
A section of the trunk water main between the Richmond Water Treatment Plant (RWTP) and Champion Road Reservoir lies under the Nelson Pine Industries (NPI) facility. This Main is one of the key water mains that supply Richmond and there is a maintenance risk with the section of main under NPI. The Council wants to construct a new water main between the Treatment Plant to connect to the Champion Road Reservoir Main at the Estuary end of Headingly Lane and abandon the section under NPI.
Maintaining water supply to all customers and key industries is an important part of the contract works. The successful contractor will also need to manage access on Headingly Lane for residents, a School, a Church and the Cycle Trail.
The scope of the work is fully described in the attached tender document, and key items of work are:
• Installation of a new DN450 PE100 PN16 trunk water main and associated fittings across Lower Queen Street, and under Borck Creek by trenchless methods or Engineer approved alternative methodology.
• Installation of a new DN450 PE100 PN12.5 trunk water main and associated fittings along Headingly Lane by open trenching.
• Carrying out connection and decommissioning works under standover by the Council’s utilities contract.
• Locate and protect services near the new water main.
• Compliance with Resource Consents including working around the protected trees on Lower Queen Street.
• Maintaining communication with affected water users.
• Working with iwi monitors where required.
• Managing commissioning, decommissioning and water shutdowns on a critical section of the Water supply network.
This tender has been awarded to