|RFx ID :||18752020|
|Tender Name :||Regulatory Adviser - Kiribati Marine Division|
|Reference # :||RA-KMD|
|Open Date :||Wednesday, 14 June 2017 5:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Close Date :||Monday, 3 July 2017 5:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Tender Type :||Registration of Interest (ROI)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
+64 4 917 9270
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
Regulatory Adviser - Kiribati Marine Division
* Up to two-year part-time assignment (100 working days per annum)
* Initial 2-months resident in Tarawa then move to a fly-in fly-out support
* Working within the Kiribati Marine Division on maritime policy and regulatory advice
* New Zealand Government support programme
* August 2017 start date
The New Zealand Government have partnered with the Government of Kiribati to provide assistance and advice at an operational level. You will work closely with the Director of Marine, staff of the Marine Division, other relevant Kiribati Government officials and stakeholder in the Marine Sector. This role will assist the Marine Division which is located within the Ministry of Information, Communications, Transport and Tourism Development (MICTTD) to undertake their regulatory role and implement a planned work programme. This support follows the recent International Maritime Organization member state audit (IMSAS) of Kiribati’s responsibilities in the maritime sector.
The responsibilities for this Adviser will include (among other things):
• Provide specialist maritime policy, regulatory advice and support to the Marine Division
• Support the identification and implementation of improvements to the Kiribati maritime legislation and regulation with respect to domestic shipping and ferry services.
• Provide technical advice, training and mentoring to Marine Division staff on vessel safety and compliance inspection procedures.
• Support the building and strengthening of leadership skills and operational expertise of the Marine Division.
The first year of this assignment (Year 1) will comprise an initial full time role resident in Tarawa working 30–40 days over a 2-month period and followed by a further 60–70 days over a further 8-month period (not including December and January) on a fly-in fly-out basis. The role may be extended for a further 12-month period (Year 2, up to 100 days) with the part-time adviser continuing to provide fly-in fly-out support. For the full advertisement and a copy of the role description - please log into GETS to view the two PDF attachments to this notice.
Hudson Global Resources has been engaged to manage this procurement process. Please refer all correspondence, queries or requests for more information to:
Associate Director, Hudson, Wellington, New Zealand
DDI: +64 4 917 9270
Cell: +64 21 429 154