|RFx ID :||20794685|
|Tender Name :||Nelson City Council - Nelson City Road Maintenance and Renewals - RFT - Mar2019|
|Reference # :||A2092324|
|Open Date :||Friday, 1 March 2019 3:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Close Date :||Thursday, 28 March 2019 4:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Tender Type :||Request for Tenders (RFT)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
Roy Miles (Senior Contracts Supervisor, Nelson City Council)
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
The scope of the work is fully described in the attached tender document, and key items of work are:
• Routine maintenance of approximately 272kms of sealed and 21kms of unsealed Local Authority roads, 316km of footpaths, and 33kms of shared paths/off road cycleways, 11.5kms of walkways, 33 Shared Path/Walkway Retaining Walls and 400 retaining walls on Road Reserve in the Urban and Rural areas of Nelson City.
• Maintenance of pavements, drainage and signs assets and winter maintenance, incident response, and other elements as necessary to maintain the transportation infrastructure and other Council assets.
• Routine maintenance of 63 road bridges, 400 culverts, 28 foot bridges, and two vehicle fords.
• Maintenance of eight major off street car parks in the CBD and Stoke. Various road, walkway and car park areas within parks and reserves areas.
• The preparation for and provision of sealed road resurfacing services sufficient enough to meet the Council’s annual resurfacing commitment (approximately 20km of resurfacing per annum) including car park areas as directed by the Engineer.
• Contract rates are to cover all works identified by the Engineer within Nelson City Council boundaries irrespective of location and ownership.
• Infrastructure and asset maintenance or renewal may be added or deleted at any time during the contract.
• Work carried out on any additional areas added (Council owned or not) shall be undertaken at scheduled rates irrespective of quantities added.
• Programmed remedial works required as a result of an emergency shall be completed at schedule rates.
• During the term of the contract new assets may be vested in the Council. The Council will advise the contractor who will be required to manage and maintain these assets with no increase in the contract rates for the remainder of that financial year.
• The Principal will undertake an annual review and advise in the scope of the work prior to the commencement of each year, agreeing any revisions to schedule rates for lump sum annual or per month items. Generally, revisions shall be on a pro-rata basis for the quantum of the particular asset. Any such revisions shall apply for the full 12 months without further revision during that period. The Contractor shall note that historically up to 2km of new roads are being added to the network each year at present. Occasionally sections of road are deleted.
This tender document is for the operation and maintenance of roads in Nelson City.