|RFx ID :||20032813|
|Tender Name :||Nelson City Council - York Valley and Eves Valley Landfills Operation and Maintenance - RFT - August 2018|
|Reference # :||A2031690|
|Open Date :||Thursday, 16 August 2018 9:00 AM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Close Date :||Thursday, 27 September 2018 3:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Tender Type :||Request for Tenders (RFT)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
Graham Poxon (Contract Supervisor - Solid Waste, Nelson City Council)
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
The Nelson City Council on behalf of the Nelson Tasman Regional Landfill Business Unit (NTRLBU) invites tenders from interested parties (“Tenderers”) to achieve a range of objectives for the operation and maintenance of York Valley Landfill and Eves Valley Landfill. Waste acceptance will primarily be at York Valley Landfill with Eves Valley Landfill managed as a closed landfill but available for emergency waste disposal, if required.
The NTRLBU’s objectives for the Works are:
- Protect the health and safety of workers and landfill users
- Compliance with legislative requirements, resource consents and the landfill management plans
- Efficient placement and compaction of refuse and cover material to conserve landfill volume
- Achieve operation and maintenance efficiencies and cost-effectiveness by allowing contractors to be innovative in operation and maintenance activities
- Provide confidence to the Nelson Tasman Regional Landfill Business Unit (NTRLBU) that the landfills are well operated and maintained
NTRLBU is seeking a “smart” landfill operator for the operation and maintenance of the joint landfills, York Valley Landfill and Eves Valley Landfill. The successful contractor will have proven expertise in landfill management and operation. NTRLBU is seeking a Contractor with specialist
landfill and civil works expertise, with a focus on site innovation and problem solving, and who uses up-to-date technology and methods. The Contractor will be expected to pro-actively contribute to formal Asset Management Planning on an annual basis.
The Contractor is to provide resources to enable the contract to commence as soon as possible provided the Contractor has availability of a suitable landfill compactor to commence the contract. The latest Date of Commencement shall be 31 January 2019.
This tender has been awarded to