|RFx ID :||21979644|
|Tender Name :||Main Contractor for Block 1 Flexible Learning Space Refurbishment & Toilet Block Upgrade at Tokoiti School|
|Reference # :|
|Open Date :||Thursday, 28 November 2019 9:00 AM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Close Date :||Thursday, 23 January 2020 5:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Department/Business Unit :||Board of Trustees - Approve by BoT - ie. School Principal|
|Tender Type :||Request for Tenders (RFT)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Exemption Reason :||None|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
All queries to be made through the GETS website Q&A function
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :||All responses must be uploaded on GETS.|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :||N/A|
Tokoiti School has approximately 35 pupils’ and 3 teaching spaces. It is situated 2km south east of Milton in South Otago. The school buildings are primarily timber and fibre cement clad, timber framed structures which are single story and a mixture of relocatable and permanent structures. These were constructed between 1920-1982.
Block 1 is a single-story fibre cement, with two teaching spaces, pupils and staff toilets it is attached to the administration. It was originally constructed in 1976.
Block 2 is a fibre cement relocatable building that was constructed in 1982.
Block 3 is a weatherboard building constructed in 1920s. It is currently a store room. In the past it has been a toilet block, and a library.
Tokoiti School are looking to modernise and protect Block 1 by carrying out a refurbishment on the interior of classrooms.
• New wall linings and insulation where directly affected by the works.
• New floor coverings where directly affected by the works.
• New LED lighting to teaching spaces.
• Removal of the pupil’s toilets between rooms 1 & 2. And opening the wall between rooms 1-2 to create a shared ILE teaching space.
• Installation of an external bag storage area.
• New ceiling and insulation.
• Replacement of clear lite to veranda
• Repairs and replacement of roofing and spouting.
• New electrical and fire alarm services.
Tokoiti School are looking to protect Block 2 by:
• New roofing
Tokoiti School are looking to modernise and protect Block 3 by:
• Creation of three unisex toilets
• New partitions between the toilets.
• New ceiling and wall linings.
• New insulation.
• New floor coverings.
• New handrails and replacement door.
• New plumbing, electrical and fire alarm services.
• New roof, guttering and insulation.
Tokoiti School are looking to modernise and protect Block 8 by:
• New emergency lights and fire alarm services