|RFx ID :||21757338|
|Tender Name :||Main Contractor-Gladstone Primary School Hall Alterations and Classroom Refurbishment|
|Reference # :|
|Open Date :||Monday, 14 October 2019 9:00 AM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Close Date :||Thursday, 7 November 2019 4:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Department/Business Unit :||Board of Trustees - Approve by BoT - ie. School Principal|
|Tender Type :||Request for Tenders (RFT)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Exemption Reason :||None|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
All communications must take place through the GETS Question and Answer function
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :||All responses must be uploaded on GETS|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :||N/A|
|Agency Address :|
The Hall refurbishment and storeroom addition plus classroom refurbishment project involves:
• Adding a storeroom to the side of the existing hall
• Rebuilding the southern entry porch to create a wind lobby and to enlarge the existing kitchen
• Replace the Hall windows and doors
• Add a mechanical ventilation system
• Refurbish existing toilets
• Add bleacher seating to mezzanine
• Classrooms 35,36,37,38 to have new internal sliding doors plus general carpet/vinyl/ Composition board replacement and repaint internally
• Classrooms 43,44,45 to have general carpet/vinyl/Composition board replacement and repaint internally
• The outcome sought is to start construction on 20 December2019 with classroom refurbishment completed by 31 January 2020. The Hall refurbishment to be completed by Mid March 2020
The purpose of this notice is to advise that following evaluation of the tenders received to the above RFT, there were no winning responses.
Emails have been sent to the tenderers.
We wish to provide the following feedback as a debrief:
• We received three tender prices that were all significantly higher than the approved budget that had been developed for this project by an independent Quantity Surveyor.
• The prices received were above this budget from between $328,000.00 to $604,000.00
• We were unable to award the contract to any tenderer.
• The project scope will need to be adjusted with the view to re-tendering in February 2020