|RFx ID :||21542906|
|Tender Name :||CW2019-035 Main Contractor for site works upgrades at Endeavour School|
|Reference # :|
|Open Date :||Thursday, 5 September 2019 9:00 AM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Close Date :||Monday, 30 September 2019 5:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Department/Business Unit :||Ministry of Education - Approval from Ministry Employee - ie. Case Manager|
|Tender Type :||Request for Tenders (RFT)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Exemption Reason :||None|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
All queries to be made through the GETS website Q&A function
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :||All submissions to be made through the GETS website|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :||N/A|
During winter months the sports fields at Endeavour School become waterlogged and the school is required to close them to protect from long term damage.
• This has become a critical issue for the school as they lose use of the fields for half of the school year and a solution is required to resolve this.
• AECOM have identified that these issues are related to treatment of the overland flow from neighbouring properties and the adjacent hard courts. They have provided a design solution which involves additional drainage and site works including new retaining walls to prevent water reaching the fields.
• It is intended that these works are completed during the late summer months of 2019 to minimise damage to the existing fields and allow the school to use the fields during winter 2019
The Contract Works required are:
i. Site works including the construction of new stormwater drainage and retaining walls along with resultant landscaping works to protect the sports fields from overland flow from adjacent areas
ii. These works are minor in nature and do not require a building consent and affect a 10% of the external playground and sports field areas.
iii. The works will take place in a live school environment however separate access points can be provided to minimise the interaction with the students during the school day
iv. The Contractor will be engaged through a Medium Works Contract (Construction contracts for professional services and works).
v. Works can be undertaken during school operational hours
vi. See Tender Documents for further information
• Indicative Start date: Early Nov 2019
• Indicative Due Date for Completion: Late January 2020