|RFx ID :||19237195|
|Tender Name :||Main Construction Contractors for the Hall Re-roof and internal upgrade and Block 2B re-roof at Opononi Area School|
|Reference # :||MoE Project ID: 170320|
|Open Date :||Thursday, 23 November 2017 9:00 AM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Close Date :||Wednesday, 20 December 2017 5:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Department/Business Unit :||Ministry of Education - Approval from Ministry Employee - ie. Case Manager|
|Tender Type :||Request for Tenders (RFT)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
All communications must take place through the GETS Question & Answer function
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
This Request for Tenders (RFT) is an invitation to suitably qualified contractors to submit a Tender for Main Construction Contractors for the Hall Re-roof and internal upgrade and Block 2B re-roof at Opononi Area School.
This project comprises the complete re-roofing, partial re-pitching and re-cladding of the Hall/Gym and block 2B at Opononi Area School along with internal upgrade work to changing rooms, showers and toilets in the Hall/Gym. The re-roofing and re-cladding components and detailing will meet the Ministry of Education Weather-tightness Standards, and these have set off a sequence of work that must be included in order to meet those standards including new windows and gymnasium floor.
The outcome of this project will see a largely rebuilt hall at Opononi Area School after some years of neglect and exposure to a marine environment. The buildings current roofs are all in a serious state of decay, and water egress is evident in many areas. There is also evidence that water has entered the wall cavities in places. The final outcome of this project will be a Hall/Gym facility for Opononi Area School that meets all Building Regulations at 2017 and specific Ministry of Education Weather-tightness regulations and specific Health and Safety requirements as they apply to education buildings.
The Contract Works for this project will require:
• Extensive scaffolding in order to carry out the work.
• Removal of all materials containing asbestos from building.
• Removal and replacement of roofing materials to a new pitch.
• Removal and replacement of water damaged materials to ceilings, walls.
• Removal and replacement of external claddings.
• Replacement of skylights.
• Removal and replacement of existing aluminium windows with new.
• Refurbishment of external doors.
• External and internal painting of new materials.
• Replacement of shower cubicles and plumbing fittings.
• Upgrade of Electrical systems.
• Alteration of IT cabling.
• Upgrade of Fire Protection systems
• Replacement of some floor coverings.